Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kate Gosselin Divorcing Jon Gosselin

Jon and Kate Gosselin picture

Jon and Kate Gosselin, the stars of TLC’s Jon & Kate Plus 8, have filed for divorce in a Pennsylvania court Monday morning, after 10 years of marriage.

"Over the course of this weekend, Jon's activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children. While there are reasons why it was appropriate and necessary for me to initiate this proceeding, I do not wish to discuss those reasons at this time, in the hope that all issues will be resolved amicably between Jon and myself. As always, my first priority remains our children." Kate Gosselin said in a statement Monday night.

Kate Gosselin out with all her kids going to Party City to pick up birthday supplies in Reading, PA picture
Kate Gosselin out with all her kids

Jon Gosselin also released a statement of his own, in it says, “This afternoon, Kate filed for divorce. Our kids are still my number one priority. I love them and want to make sure they stay happy, healthy and safe. My job is being the best, most supportive and loving father that I can be to my kids, and not being married to Kate doesn’t change that."


"This will be a difficult transition for all of us, but Kate and I will work out a schedule that enables our kids to have plenty of quality time with both of us at home in Pennsylvania. In terms of my marriage, it’s no secret that the past six months or so have been very difficult for Kate and me. We are no different than other couples and parents who are facing a crossroads in their marriage. I am of course deeply saddened that we are divorcing."

Jon Gosselin, minus his wife Kate, spent Fathers Day with just his kids, after word that divorce papers have been filed
Jon Gosselin spent Father's Day without Kate but with 8 children

Jon and Kate publicly announced “the big announcement” - they are splitting up - on Monday night’s hour-long special episode.

The couple have 8 kids together, five-year-old sextuplets and eight-year-old twin girls.

Their marriage has been on the rocks for months. Jon was spotted apartment hunting in NYC last week.

Beauty Girls Insurance

100% FREE  chat  rooms,  Join the hottest Sex chatrooms online! Mingle2's  Sex chat  rooms are full of fun, sexy singles like you.